Friday, February 11, 2011

Summer Jobs

So I've got my summer job nailed down.  I'm going to be working for the Place-Where-They-Keep-The-Planes-Theatre, as a scene shop supervisor.  Many might ask, "What might a scene shop supervisor do?  Alternately, it sounds like management and don't you hate management?"  Yes and on principal yes.  But I'm trying to work it all out in my head on how I can be a labor ally when I am implicitly profiting from their labor.  Which having held those labor positions for the past two years, they are poorly compensated for.
Also did I mention that I'm joining management exactly as the theatre begins a fundamental restructuring of it schedule, positions, and position responsibilities?  Should be fun!  Also my boss is having a baby...his first and due approximately a month before the summer season starts?  Can you see why I'm so excited?

So.
Ex.
Cited.

Anyway I have a few months to figure out how to make this happen in a happy way.  Thats my idea for the shop I want to run "happy."  I want to get assignments done and I'm even willing to push myself and others to make it happen.  But not all the time and not everytime.

Thats all the angst I have for today tomorrow funny stories about wine shop work.

1 comment:

M said...

At least you can shape the restructuring to fit your nefarious designs.